- Please provide detailed job instructions to temporary employees. Be sure to provide any special occupational training to temporary employees that is also provided to regular employees, such as a hearing screening, special safety training, etc.
- Please establish a work schedule with your temporary employee at the beginning of the assignment. If there is a work schedule change, please notify DTS at 919-681-3132.
- Temporary employees should be supervised at all times. Do not allow temporary employees to work from home.
- Please return performance evaluation forms to DTS, Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions. Feedback will be shared with the temporary employee. When the services of a temporary employee are no longer required, for any reason, please notify the DTS, Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions representative.
- DTS employees are responsible for submitting electronic timecards biweekly. Please review and approve the electronic timecard each pay period through the "My Team" tab on Duke@Work in order for the employee to be paid. The "Quick Step Guide" shows managers how to approve time.
- Please review your financial statement for DTS billing information. A transaction in SAP allows departments to view the detail behind the DTS billing postings.
- Please review your financial statement for billing information. You may request to receive weekly usage updates for your Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions temporary employee.
Aerotek temporary employees submit their hours worked weekly through Aerotek's Time & Expense system. Hiring managers receive communication regarding said hours worked electronically via email. Please see the Aerotek Approving Manager Time & Expense Quick Guide for more information.
Grace Federal Solutions temporary employees submit their time electronically through the Prime Pay website. Hiring managers will then approve the employees time sheet each week by accessing this information from the Prime Pay website.
Temporary employment at Duke is defined as employees hired to fill short-term assignments for a defined period of time. Temporary employees may not work more than 900 hours during the fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). Assignments may be of any duration in length as long as the 900 hour limit per fiscal year is not exceeded.
A Duke Temporary Services employee who reaches 900 hours worked during the fiscal year, including work with any department across Duke, will be unavailable for temporary assignment until the beginning of the next fiscal year.
Departments will be notified in writing by DTS when a temporary employee reaches 700 hours worked. The temporary employee will also be notified. If a department’s needs exceed a temporary employee’s limit of 900 hours worked during the fiscal year, another temporary employee may be requested.
If a temporary employee is injured on the job while working through DTS, the temporary employee must inform the supervisor (you) by the end of the shift in which the injury occurred so you can complete an incident report. You should instruct the temporary employee to complete an incident report also. If the temporary employee does not report an on-the-job injury to the supervisor (you) by the end of the shift in which the injury occurred, the temporary employee will be released from the assignment and terminated by DTS. All on-the-job injuries, regardless of severity, of a DTS employee providing temporary services must be reported to the Workers' Compensation office within 24 hours of the department's knowledge of the illness/injury by completing a Work-Related Accident, Injury or Illness Report Form.
If an injury requires emergency medical care, refer the temporary employee to a DUHS Emergency Department or call 911. If the injury requires medical treatment (other than emergency care), refer the temporary employee to Employee Occupational Health and Wellness (EOHW) at 919-684-3136. After hours or on weekends the temporary employee should go to a Duke Urgent Care facility or a DUHS Emergency Department.
According to Duke policy, failure of the department to comply with this requirement may result in that department being responsible for one hundred percent (100%) of the temporary employee's compensation while the employee is out on workers' compensation for up to one year.
Injuries of Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions employees should be reported to Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions immediately (Aerotek: 919-668-3823, Grace Federal Solutions: 919-668-3820).
DTS employees must be employed for a minimum of 30 calendar days before transferring into a regular position at Duke. If you decide to hire the temporary employee into a regular position, at a minimum, it is important that you recheck pre-employment references which were conducted by DTS at the time of hire.
If the job order was filled by an Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions employee and you are interested in hiring the temporary employee into a regular position, a conversion fee may be applicable. When the temporary employee converts to regular fulltime or part-time employment, the conversion fee will be based on the annualized salary (2,080 hours) of the converted employee up to a maximum of 18 percent. The fees will be calculated by service line and length of service.
- There is no conversion fee for an Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions employee after working 481 hours in office/clerical and light industrial positions. If transitioned into a regular position prior to 481 hours, see negotiated conversion fees below:
|Hours of Service||Conversion Fee %|
|After 481 hours||No fee|
- There is no conversion fee for an Aerotek or Grace Federal Solutions employee after working 961 hours in accounting, professional, technical (IT), scientific, clinical research and healthcare positions. If transitioned into a regular position prior to 961 hours, see negotiated conversion fees below:
|Hours of Service||Conversion Fee %|
|After 961 hours||No fee|
Direct Placement Fees for Aerotek and Grace Federal Solutions
Fees for direct placements are equal to one percent per thousand dollars of the employee’s proposed annual salary (calculated based on 2,080 hours per year) with a maximum of 18%.
|Office Clerical, Light Industrial, Accounting & Professional Employees||18%|
|Technical, Research, Clinical Research & Healthcare Employees||18%|
|Scientific Executive and Director Employees||18%|