Tools & Templates
Download sample documents under Tools & Templates to create your own personalized version of recruiting letters, forms, and candidate assessment tools.
Now that you have established the position you will now need to fill it.
As is the case in virtually all work processes, effective planning on the front end is one of the essential contributors to success. Our diligent efforts in recruiting will help ensure the continued legacy of success at Duke.
- Prepare behavioral and competency-based job description
- Determine if job group has hiring goals
- Develop recruitment plan (resources, timeline, budget and review with supervisor)
- Define ideal candidate qualifications
Candidate Pool Development
- Post position to Duke’s job list for required 7-day posting
- Develop candidate sources (internal candidates, advertising, direct mailings, etc.)
- Ensure diverse candidate pool and determine applicants for interview process
- Conduct interview process (behavioral interview questions, work-related reference checks and campus visit, if appropriate)
- Determine finalists for further consideration
Selection and Conclusion
- Make selection decision (confirm with supervisor), extend verbal offer and confirm with written offer letter
- Complete pre-employment steps (final references, background checks and health/drug screens, if required for position)
- Communicate to all applicants and announce the selection decision at Duke
- Close recruitment (applicant flow statistics and new hire paperwork)
- Plan orientation for new staff member
- Evaluate recruitment process
Contact your Recruitment representative in Human Resources to get the process started.