Staff Orientation Sign-Up (Campus) - Benefits Memo Template
Upon registering your new hire for the orientation welcome event, send them the following information about benefits. This is vital to their onboarding as benefits are NOT reviewed during Orientation. New hires are now automatically signed up for the Duke Benefits Overview training module in the LMS as soon as their hiring is processed in HR Systems. If your new hire provided you with a personal email, please email that address in addition to their Duke email. New hires have 30 days to enroll in benefit plans counting from their date of hire.
Welcome [your new hire's name here]!
You have been registered for the Duke Benefits Overview training module in Duke's Learning Management System (LMS). This training module provides an introduction to your benefit options - click the link in the highlighted text below to begin.
Please note that benefits are not reviewed during the Orientation program that you are registered for. The information you need to learn about and enroll in benefits starts with this email, and this is a self-directed process.
Please use the resources listed here; the Duke Human Resources Information Center (HRIC) is also ready to help you if you have questions about benefits. As well, please keep in mind your 30-day window for enrolling in benefits, counting from your official date of hire.
As soon as possible in your 30-day enrollment window:
- Review the New to Duke website.
- Complete the University Orientation Benefits Overview training module in the LMS. The recommended browsers for LMS are Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. If you are unable to launch a course, please try switching browsers. Contact the Human Resource Information Center (HRIC) at 919-684-5600 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
- Begin reviewing your benefit options. You have 30 days from your official date of hire to sign up for benefits.
- Download and review the Duke Benefits Decision Guide.
- Download and save the Duke Staff Handbook.
- Review employment policy updates.
- Enroll in benefit plans.
Manager Form, Managers - New Employee Orientation