For new hires hired during the 4th quarter (Oct - Dec) of 2018 only
As a new hire, you will have 30 days from your date of hire and/or date of eligibility to enroll in Medical, Dental, and/or Vision coverage and/or a Health Care or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account for the remainder of the calendar year 2018.
Medical, Dental, and/or Vision Plan for 2018
- You must log into the Duke@Work website to complete your new hire enrollment. Please see the New Hire Guide (page 42) for instructions on "How to Enroll".
Reimbursement Accounts for 2018
- You must call the Human Resource Information Center (HRIC) at 919-684-5600 to participate. Please request to enroll in a Health and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account. In addition, you must specify your contribution as a "total" amount for the remainder of 2018 for each account.
As a new hire, you will have 30 days from your date of hire and/or date of eligibility to participate in Open Enrollment for the calendar year 2019. Information about plan design changes and 2019 premiums is available at the Open Enrollment web site.
Medical, Dental, and/or Vision Plan for 2019
- If you want to continue the medical, dental and/or vision coverage that you selected for 2018, then...
- No action is required. The plan(s) will automatically roll-over to 2019. Information is listed on page 2 about the 2019 changes in the design of our plans (co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles). The 2019 premiums for all of the plans are attached.
- If you want to change the medical, dental** and/or vision coverage that you selected for 2018 or if you wish to begin coverage in 2019, then...
- You must take action. You will need to download, complete and return the 2019 Enrollment Form to Duke Benefits. Please retain a copy for your records.
Reimbursement Accounts for 2019
- If you want to participate in a Health Care and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement account for 2019, then...
- You must take action. Participation in the Health Care and/or Dependent Care reimbursement accounts does "not" automatically roll-over from year to year and will end on December 31, 2018. You will need to download, complete and return the 2019 Reimbursement Account Enrollment Form to Duke Benefits. Please retain a copy for your records.
**Any Duke employee or eligible dependent that previously waived the dental benefits can enroll for 2019, but will be considered a "late entrant." As a "late entrant," dental benefits during the first 12 months of coverage will be limited to two preventive care exams (excluding x-rays), two cleanings, and for children up to age 19, one fluoride application.