Academic Year: 2021/2022
Deductible for 2021/2022 Academic Year: $3,510.00 per semester
$1,755.00 per quarter
$2,340.00 per trimester
Maximum Tuition Grant Payment for 2021/2022 Academic Year: $21,781.88 per semester, $43,563.75 per academic year
Online Application for Participating Schools
Check this list to see if your child's school is part of our online application process for the Children’s Tuition Grant.
Tuition Grant Seminars
Our monthly Children’s Tuition Grant seminars are returning in the form of an interactive WebEx presentation. Please choose an upcoming webinar date in order to access WebEx meeting details. We look forward to hosting you at one of our webinars. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Children's Tuition Grant Program provides a grant for undergraduate tuition expenses incurred by children of eligible employees for full-time study at any accredited college or university. Please note, there is no payable benefit to any of the UNC system schools once the per semester deductible is satisfied.
The Children's Tuition Grant maximum benefit amount is based on the undergraduate tuition amount set for Duke University, and is subject to change at any time should the amount of Duke's tuition change.
- Benefits under this program provide tuition grants of up to 75% of the weighted average of Duke tuition, after applying a per semester deductible and other tuition scholarships. If scholarship is not designated toward tuition and not greater than room, board and fees, then scholarship has no impact on the Children's Tuition Grant. Summer Sessions: Two full sessions of summer school are counted as one semester.
- The tuition for NC public colleges and universities is less than the deductible per semester. Therefore, no tuition grant benefit will be paid.
- Each eligible employee may receive up to a maximum of 16 semesters of tuition assistance, no more than eight of which may be used by any one child.
- Each eligible employee may receive up to the maximum tuition grant payment as indicated for each academic year.
- The program provides a grant for full-time study at the associate or baccalaureate level at any approved, accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education in the world.
- The grant is provided for the pursuit of your child's first Bachelor's degree. Second Bachelor's degrees and graduate study are not covered.
- Only tuition expenses are eligible for reimbursement. If the scholarship is not designated towards tuition and not greater than room, board, and fees then the scholarship has no impact on payment. See Tuition Grant Examples for more information.
Two earlier plans continue to be available to faculty and senior administrative staff. The first plan, available to those employees hired prior to 1975, provides up to 100% of Duke's tuition and does not limit the number of children eligible. The second plan provides those employees hired between 1975 and 1986 with a benefit of up to $2,500 per child for up to two children with no deductible. Both plans are considered taxable if you meet the IRS definition of a highly compensated employee.
The benefits that you receive are based upon the plan's official plan document. For more information, please see the Summary Plan Description.