Tobacco Quit Coaching
Are you, or someone you love, ready to use less tobacco or quit using tobacco? Duke faculty, staff, and their dependents can access LIVE FOR LIFE’s tobacco cessation support program. This program includes initial and ongoing support over a year long period from a tobacco treatment specialist (in person or telephonic sessions are available).
Additionally, those faculty, staff and their dependents on a Duke health plan are also eligible to receive the following benefits in conjunction with this program:
- Free visits with an Employee Health medical provider
- Low-cost nicotine replacement therapy (including patches, gums, or lozenges)
- Low-cost prescription medication management
To enroll in this program, you can fill out an enrollment form here, or call 919-684-3136, option 1 to schedule an appointment.
Discounted NRT and Medications
Participants in the LIVE FOR LIFE program can pick up their low cost treatments at the participating pharmacies:
For more information about LIVE FOR LIFE and its tobacco cessation program, call 919-684-3136 option 1.
For non-Duke community members, there are tobacco cessation programs and services such as the:
- QuitlineNC-North Carolina has a free Quitline, which offers telephone counseling to help people quit smoking and/or quit using tobacco products. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW or visit their website at quitlinenc.com.
- Durham County Health Department- Bull City Breathes Program which offers free tobacco cessation classes and support services. Call 919-560-7600 or visit their website Bull City Breathes.
- Quit at Duke is Duke’s Smoking Cessation Program that offers tobacco cessation medication management, research, counseling, and classes. Call 919-613-QUIT (7848) or visit their website for more information Dukehealth.org/quit.