We're all doing more with less and it takes a toll on body, mind and spirit. Success Over Stress can help you learn some skills for managing stress and gaining perspective on the stressors in your life. Success Over Stress is self-paced: you review materials at your own pace. Since stress means different things to different people, five topics are available. They are described below.
Out Smart Stress
The way we think about a situation says a lot about how we feel about it. Our attitude is a powerful tool and one that can reduce our stress tremendously without costing us a dime or much additional time.
Relaxation Techniques & Exercise
Everyone knows they should relax but many of us don't know how. Find out how several relaxation techniques work including deep breathing, stretching, and mindfulness.
So much to do, so little time. Many of us consider this our daily mantra. Find out how you can make the most of the time you have as well as get started simplifying your life.
Balancing Work and Family
Do you have children at home or care for an aging relative? If so, you know the pull of wanting to be two places at one time. Get some help balancing work and family demands.
Stress at Work
How can you manage an increasing work-load in the same amount of time? (No online materials. Brochure will be mailed to your Duke address when you register).
How Success Over Stress Works:
- Most of the information you need is available online. However there is one packet we will mail to your Duke address with copyrighted brochures we are not able to put online. Go to the Registration page to begin.
- We suggest looking at one topic each week. Try out one idea to reduce stress in each topic area.
- The Stress Flyer has resources that can help your mind, body and spirit reduce the negative impact of stress in your life.
Being in good health also helps us cope with stress. Remember LIFE FOR LIFE has several free services available:
- Nutrition and fitness consults can get you started or remotivate you to exercise or eat more healthily.
- The LIVE FOR LIFE web site has nutrition, exercise, smoking, cholesterol, and blood pressure information, links and more.
- LIVE FOR LIFE lending library has books and tapes on stress reduction. Located in Duke Clinic, ground floor, Room 04290, Red Zone.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact Jessica Bailey at 919-681-0516 or Jessica.Covington@duke.edu.