Successful job performance depends upon an array of factors including - first and foremost - a clear and full understanding of and commitment to workplace expectations and guidelines.
As part of the orientation process for newly hired staff, supervisors should review Duke's policies regarding workplace expectations and guidelines in addition to any department or job-specific expectations. New staff receive a copy of the Duke Staff Handbook during the orientation event. After reviewing the handbook and having an opportunity to ask questions or seek clarification, staff should sign the Acknowledgement of Receipt form on the back page and return it to their supervisor for inclusion in the individual's department personnel file.
Supervisors and staff should conduct regular discussions in regard to job performance, expectations and behaviors. These discussions should include an annual review of performance contributions, goals for the coming year and future professional development opportunities.
- Standards of Conduct
- Dispute Resolution
- Leaving Duke: Voluntary and Involuntary
- Workplace Attire
- Severe Weather & Emergency Conditions
- Personnel File Access
- Duke Identification
- Use of Computing & Electronic Resources
- Conflict of Interest or Commitment
- Protected Health Information & Patient Privacy
- Integrity in Action - Duke Health Compliance Program Code of Conduct
- Arrest or Conviction
- Minors in Duke University Programs
- Sexual Misconduct