The benefit structure of the Duke Select and Duke Options health plans requires patients receiving infertility services to pay a copay based on a packaged group of services. Care must be provided at Duke Fertility. Employees and their covered spouse/partner are eligible after two years of continuous service.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) - Patient pays $4,000. *
- IVF with ICSI - Patient pays $4,500. *
- Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation (COH) - Patient pays $800. *
- Frozen Embryo Transfer - Patient pays $800.
* Note: Drugs are not included. For prescriptions dispensed on or after April 1, 2019, Duke employees pay 25% of the cost (as well as the $100 deductible if not yet met) of infertility medications purchased at an in-network pharmacy, including Duke Pharmacies. The medications must be prescribed by Duke Fertility physicians.
Note: The patient should use the Express Scripts prescription card at a participating pharmacy to purchase infertility drugs.