The PERQS Program provides Duke faculty and staff, service and entertainment opportunities at discounted costs. The discounts are possible due to the volume purchasing strength of Duke University & Health System.
Please review the Requirements and Restrictions sections below prior to submitting an offer. Please complete the Employee Discounts Vendor Registration Form. The offer will be reviewed. Once a decision has been made regarding the offer, Staff and Family Programs will respond to the email address provided on the vendor registration form. Please allow up to 7 business days for a response.
Staff & Family Programs, a division of Duke University Human Resources, conducts an independent review of all potential and existing PERQS establishments through the Better Business Bureau of America (BBB). All businesses who submit an offer must have their business listed with the BBB. In instances where a vendor has access to the personal property of an employee, the vendor may be asked to provide proof of license and bonding, along with five (5) professional references in writing.
Consequently, Duke reserves the right to discontinue offering a discount for any business at any time if warranted by a negative BBB report and the business refuses to address and resolve the situation. Furthermore, if Staff & Family Programs or any entity of Duke University & Health System receive complaints about a business, the discount can be removed from publication.
Duke University does not endorse or affirm the quality of products or services provided by PERQS Program vendors.
The PERQS Program features products and services at a 10 percent discount with no minimum purchase requirement (for an annual commitment) or 20 percent minimum discount with no minimum purchase requirement (for a limited time only or time sensitive discount) to Duke faculty and staff. PERQs requirements:
- Approved businesses or vendors offering a 10 percent discount are published on the PERQS Web Site and published through the PERQs Email Listserv reaching close to 15,000 Duke faculty and staff.
- Approved businesses or vendors offering a short-term 20 percent discount are published through the PERQS Email Listserv reaching close to 20,000 Duke faculty and staff. A limit of two (2) short-term offers from the same vendor are allowed per calendar year. (One offer every six months). Offers cannot be the same as previously advertised.
- Vendor/businesses must be listed with an "A" grade with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Please note that we do not require accreditation with the BBB. If the business drops below the "A" rating with the BBB, the business will be removed from the program.
- Restaurant and food vendors must submit their current sanitation grade. Grade levels below 90 will not be approved. If the business drops below the 90 grade level, the business will be removed from the program.
- Approved businesses or vendors must offer the discount at time of purchase (no rebates, gift cards and/or refunds).
- All submissions for discounts for products and services must include a contact name, email address and phone number. It is the responsibility of the business to notify Staff & Family Programs regarding changes to contact information. Businesses that no longer have valid email contact information are removed from the program.
- All submissions must be submitted as you would like it to appear advertised including any restrictions that may change the discount associated with the offer. Once approved, businesses are required to notify Staff & Family Programs with any changes regarding the offer.
- Vendor/businesses must require that a valid Duke ID must be presented to receive the discount offer.
- If the discount is accessible online, the vendor should provide a special access code when submitting the offer to ensure the discount is available to Duke faculty and staff. Online offers will be added to the PERQs webpage as secure. Duke faculty and staff will be required to enter their Net ID and password to view the offer.
- Discount offers must be available to staff and faculty of Duke University, Duke University Medical Center, Duke University Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Durham Regional Hospital and all entities of Duke who show a valid Duke ID badge.
- The product or service cannot compete with an existing product or service which is available as a Duke University or Health System benefit.
- Staff and Family programs does not advertise apartment rentals or apartment homes. Please visit Duke's Chronicle regarding advertising your apartment rental.
- Staff and Family Programs does not advertise real estate agents, real estate companies, building contractors etc.
- Staff and Family Programs does not advertise mortgage companies, financial institutions, etc.
- Staff and Family Programs does not advertise independent distributors.
- Staff and Family Programs does not advertise travel agencies, travel companies, travel packages, etc.
- Staff and Family Programs does not advertise night clubs or bars.
- Staff and Family Programs is not able to accept listings for discounts on professional services (accountants, law firms, financial advisors, etc).
- Staff and Family Programs does not advertise transportation services including taxi and limousine services.
- Staff & Family Programs does not advertise fitness facilities, with the exception of Duke fitness facilities. Please contact the department of Live for Life regarding advertising your fitness facility via their Duke Fitness Club program.