Winners of the Presidential Award will be notified the week of January 6, 2020.
The Presidential Awards has been reimagined to recognize those individuals and teams who best demonstrate the values that define and shape us as an institution. The expanded Presidential Awards will replace those previously celebrated through the Blue Ribbon Awards.
The Presidential Awards recognizes individuals or teams who have made distinctive contributions to Duke University and Duke University Health System and have demonstrated its institutional values during the 2018-19 academic year.
Nominees* must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Permanent, full-time or part-time benefits-eligible employee.
- Employed in current position for at least one full year.
- Free from any disciplinary actions for the last five years.
- Department head must approve the nomination.
*Previous Presidential Award winners are not eligible for nomination (this does not affect previous Presidential Meritorious Award winners). Members of the President's Senior Leadership Group and the Chancellor's Leadership Team are not eligible for nomination.
Presidential Award Criteria
Nominees, either individuals or team, should take into consideration those who, through their exceptional contributions, exemplify at least one of Duke's five institutional values: Respect, Trust, Inclusion, Discovery, and Excellence.
Presidential Award Presentation
- The President, along with the senior leadership of the university and health system, will honor the winners during an awards ceremony in early 2020.
- Winners will be presented with an award.
Presidential Award Nomination Process
- Presidential Awards nomination period is officially closed.
- Award recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by the President.
- All nominees will be notified in early 2020.
- Winners of the Presidential Award will be notified the week of January 6, 2020.