The American Cancer Society marks the Great American Smokeout from November 14-21, 2019 by encouraging smokers to use the date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance and quit smoking that day. By quitting - even for one day - smokers will be taking an important step towards a healthier life - one that can lead to reducing cancer risk.
During the Great American Smokeout, LIVE FOR LIFE staff will rove locations throughout Duke, promoting cessation and support programs. Staff will be available to speak with employees about how to quit, help others quit, and how to find a cessation program that best fits their needs.
- Thursday, Nov. 14: Duke Raleigh Hospital, Cafeteria, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 18: Duke Regional Hospital, Cafeteria, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19: Duke University, West Campus (Bryan Center Plaza), 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20: Patient Revenue Management Organization, 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 21: Duke University Hospital Main Entrance, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.