People choose to participate in races for different reasons, such as to increase physical activity, challenge themselves, be a part of the community, run in memory of someone, or to support a benefit. If you're looking to prepare for a race, consider these local events.
Every Saturday at 8:00 a.m.
- Durham NC Parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
- Dorothea Dix Park 5k - Raleigh - Saturday March 7th at 9:00 a.m.
- Florence Forth 5k/10k - Durham - Saturday March 7th at 8:00 a.m.
- Blue Blood Rivalry 5k - Durham - Saturday March 7th at 8:00 a.m.
- Pi Day Pi K - Durham - Sunday March 15th at 9:00 a.m.
- St. Paddy’s 4 Miler - Raleigh - Saturday March 21st at 10:30 a.m.
- World Water Day 5k - Morrisville - Saturday March 21st at 10:00 a.m.
- CRUSH Colorectal Cancer 5k - Durham - Saturday March 21st
- The Tar Heel 10 Mile/4 Mile - Chapel Hill - Saturday April 18th at 7:15 am
- Angels Among Us 5k and Walk of HOPE - Durham - Saturday April 25th at 8:00 am
- Second Empire 5k and Mile - Raleigh - Saturday April 25th at 9:00 am
- Cary Academy 5k - Saturday May 2nd at 9:00 am
- Triangle Race for the Cure – Raleigh - RTP - Saturday May 2nd at 8:00 am
- 5 Points 5k - Raleigh - Saturday May 16th at 8:00 am
Other Local and National Events
5K, 10K and More
- Running Planet — NC Races
- Komen Race for the Cure®
- NC Road Runners Calendar
- Road Runner's Club of America - NC Events
- Running in the USA