People choose to participate in races for different reasons, such as to increase physical activity, challenge themselves, be a part of the community, run in memory of someone, or to support a benefit. If you're looking to prepare for a race, consider these local events.
- Saturday, March 17th 2018 at 9 am is the PSF 5k for Education at McCorkle Place of UNC Campus in Chapel Hill.
- Sunday, March 18th 2018 at 7 am is the Tobacco Road Marathon at the Embassy Suites in Cary.
- Saturday, March 24th 2018 at 7 am is the Crush Colorectal Cancer 5k at the Northgate Mall parking lot – Guess Road in Durham.
- Saturday, April 7th 2018 at 9 am is the Color in Motion 5k at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- Saturday, April 21st 2018 at 7:15 am is the Tar Heel 10 Miler & Fleet Feet Sports 4 miler in downtown Chapel Hill.
- Saturday, April 28th 2018 at 7 am is the Angels Among Us 5k at Duke Medical Center Campus, Duke University in Durham.
- Saturday, May 5th 2018 at 9 am is the Cary Academy Charger Derby 5k at Cary Academy in Cary.
- Saturday, May 5th 2018 at 9 am is the Comics for a Cure 5k at Ultimate Comics in Durham.
- Saturday, May 5th 2018 at 2 pm is the Go The Distance 5k at 3860 Danbrook Road in Burlington.
- Sunday, May 6th 2018 at 11 am is the 3rd Annual St. Baldricks Balder-dash at West 94th St. Pub in Durham.
- Friday May 18th, 2018 at 8:15 pm is the 7th annual Catching Fireflies 5k Run/Walk at Wakefield High School.
- Saturday, May 19th 2018 at 8 am is the 5 points 5k at Hayes Barton Baptist Church in Raleigh.
- Saturday, May 19th 2018 is The Minuteman Muster, at 8:15 am is the 5k run/walk and at 9:00 am is the 8k at Omega Sports at North Hills in Raleigh.
- Saturday, June 2nd 2018 at 8:45 am is the Running of the Bulls 8k at the corner of Foster St. and W Seminary Ave in Durham.
- Saturday, June 9th 2018 at 9 am is the LDB 5K: Lace Up to Bring Lewy Down at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- Sunday, June 24th 2018 at 8 am is the Rho Smile Train Triathlon starting at Heritage Wake Forest area.
- Sunday, July 8th 2018 at 7 am is the Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon in the Rex Wellness Center in Garner.
- Saturday, July 14th 2018 at 7:30 am is the Triangle Spring Triathlon at Harris Count Park in Raleigh.
- Saturday, August 4th 2018 at 7:30 pm is the Bull Mon Ride and Run at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
- Sunday, August 12th at 7 am is the Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon – Wakefield at the Rex Wellness Center of Wakefield in Raleigh.
- Saturday, August 18th 2018 at 8 am is the 1 mile and 8:30 is the 5K Raleigh Run For Life at WakeMed Soccer Park in Raleigh.
- Saturday, September 1st 2018 a 8 am is the Big Muddy Challenge at Hill Ridge Farms in Raleigh/Durham.
- Sunday, September 9th 2018 at 8 am is the Strike Out for Sarcoma 5k at WakeMed Soccer Park In Cary.
- Saturday, September 15th at 8 am is the Buddy Run 5K & 1-mile at Discovery Point on Thompson Glenn in Heritage Wake Forest.
- Saturday, October 6th 2018 at 7:15 am is the Race 13.1 Raleigh at the City of Oaks in Raleigh.
- Saturday, October 13th 2018 at 8 am is The Cupcake Run at Brier Creek Supporting Make-A-Wish Foundation in Raleigh.
- Sunday, October 21st 2018 at 7:30 am is the Bull City Race Fest in Downtown Durham.
- Sunday, November 4th 2018 at 7:30 am is the Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon in Raleigh.
- Sunday, November 11th 2018 at 7 am is the RDC Marathon – Running to cure ALS at The Streets at Southpoint in Durham.
- Saturday, December 1st 2018 at 8 am is the Frosty Run 10k/5k Run at the Gatehouse Tavern in Gateway Commons in Wake Forest.
- Saturday, December 2018 at 8 am is the Reindeer Run 5k at Central Carolina Community College in Pittsboro.
Other Local and National Events
5K, 10K and More
- Run the Planet — NC Races
- Komen Race for the Cure®
- NC Road Runners Calendar
- Road Runner's Club of America - NC Events
- Running in the USA