People choose to participate in races for different reasons, such as to increase physical activity, challenge themselves, be a part of the community, run in memory of someone, or to support a benefit. If you're looking to prepare for a race, consider these local events.
- Thursday, July 4th 2019 at 8 AM is the Keep RLGH Independent 4 Milier at Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh.
- Saturday, July 6th 2019 at 8:30 AM is the Run for Liberty 5k at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- Saturday, August 3rd 2019 at 7:45 PM is the Bull Moon Ride & Run 5k at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham.
- Saturday, August 24th 2019 at 4 PM is the Night Nation Run 5k at The Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park in Cary.
- Saturday, September 7th 2019 at 8 AM is the Head for the Cure 5k at Southern Village Green in Chapel Hill.
- Saturday, September 14th 2019 at 7:30 AM is the Amberly Charity 5k at the Amberly Subdivisions in Cary.
- Saturday, September 28th 2019 at 7 AM is the Travis Manion Foundation 9/11 Heroes Run at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- Saturday, October 5th 2019 at 7:15 AM is the Race 13.1 Raleigh at North Hills in Raleigh.
- Saturday, October 12th 2019 at 9 AM is the Triangle Run/Walk for Autism at Halifax Mall in Raleigh.
- Saturday, November 3rd 2019 at 7 AM is the Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon in downtown Raleigh.
- Saturday, November 9th at 7 AM is the RDC 5k & 10k at the American Tobacco Trail in Durham.
- Saturday, November 30th 2019 at 7:30 AM is the Turkey Chase at William B. Umstead State Park in Raleigh.
- Saturday, December 7th 2019 at 5 PM is the Santa Scramble at the Knights Play Golf Center in Apex.
- Saturday, December 7th 2019 at10 AM is the Jingle Bell Run at the St. Mary’s School in Raleigh.
- Sunday, December 29th 2019 at 9 AM is the Last Mile at the Lake Crabtree County Park in Morrisville, NC.
Other Local and National Events
5K, 10K and More
- Running Planet — NC Races
- Komen Race for the Cure®
- NC Road Runners Calendar
- Road Runner's Club of America - NC Events
- Running in the USA