People choose to participate in races for different reasons, such as to increase physical activity, challenge themselves, be a part of the community, run in memory of someone, or to support a benefit. If you're looking to prepare for a race, consider these local events.
- Sunday, August 13th 2017 at 7:00 am is the Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon - Raleigh at the Rex Wellness Center of Wakefield in Raleigh.
- Saturday, August 19th 2017 at 8:00 am is the Raleigh Run For Life 5K/1 Mile at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- Sunday, August 27th 2017 at 9:00 am is the Flowers Plantation Pre-Labor Day 5K at Flowers Plantation in Clayton.
- Saturday, September 2nd 2017 is the Big Muddy Challenge - Raleigh/Durham at Hill Ridge Farms in Youngsville.
- Saturday, September 9th 2017 at 8:00 am is the Faster Than A Pastor 5K at Joyner Park in Wake Forest.
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 8:30 am is the Duke Strike Out Sarcoma 5k – WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary
- Sunday, September 10th 2017 is the North Hills 5K at Trinity Baptist Church.
- Saturday, September 16th 2017 at 8:00 am is the Buddy Run 5K & 1-Mile at Discovery Point in Heritage, Wake Forest.
- Sunday, September 17th 2017 at 7:30 am is the Rex Wellness Sprint Triathlon at the Rex Wellness Center of Knightdale.
- Sunday, October 1st 2017 at 8:00 am is the Sandling Beach 50 at Sandling Beach in Wake Forest.
- Saturday, October 7th 2017 at 7:15 am is the Race 13.1 Half Marathon, 10K, & 5K at St. Timothy’s School in Raleigh.
- Sunday, October 8th 2017 is the Ramblin' Rose Women's Triathlon at the UNC Wellness Center in Chapel Hill.
- Friday, October 20th through Saturday, October 21st 2017 is the Tuna Run 200 beginning at Lake Benson Park in Garner, and ending in Atlantic Beach.
- Sunday, October 22nd at 7:30 am is the Bull City Race Fest at the American Tobacco Campus in Downtown Durham.
- Sunday, November 5th 2017 at 7:00 am is the Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon at the NC State University Bell Tower.
- Saturday, November 18th at 9:00 am is the Flowers Plantation Gobble Till You Wobble 5K at Flowers Plantation in Clayton.
- Thursday, November 23rd 2017 at 7:30 am is the Just Think First 5K and Skinny Turkey Half Marathon at Wakefield High School in Raleigh.
Other Local and National Events
5K, 10K and More
- Run the Planet — NC Races
- Komen Race for the Cure®
- NC Road Runners Calendar
- Road Runner's Club of America - NC Events
- Running in the USA