The Spring Duke Run/Walk Club Starts March 12
Running or walking is a great way to manage weight, increase activity and combat stress.
Join the Duke Run/Walk Club and meet your health and fitness goals - whether you're a beginner walker or an experienced runner training for a race. Offered each Spring and Fall, the club is a no-fee, 12-week program for all Duke faculty and staff at all fitness levels.
The club meets at 5:30 p.m. at the East Campus wall across from Whole Foods on Broad Street and the parking lot off 751/Cameron Boulevard on West Campus. Duke Raleigh hospital meets on Thursdays at 11:30 a.m. in front of the gardens.
You can report your sessions online each week and receive credit for participating. Find out about all the benefits and incentives.
Meeting Times & Locations
The club meets Mondays and Wednesdays at these locations:
- East Campus (Map) - 5:30 p.m.
Flat, beginner course (1 loop = 1.7 miles)
Meet across from Whole Foods on East Campus. Ideal for:
- Beginner Walkers
- Beginner Interval Walkers
- Beginner Walkers to Run/Walkers
- Intermediate Run/Walkers (NEW!)
- West Campus (Map) - 5:30 p.m.
Hilly, advanced course (1 loop = 2.9 miles)
Meet in parking lot off 751/Cameron Boulevard. Ideal for:
- Advanced Walkers
- Advanced Run/Walkers
- Advanced Runners
- Duke Raleigh Hospital (Map) - Thursdays at 11:30 a.m.
Flat, beginner course (1 loop = 2.0 miles) Meet at Garden Entrance, cancer center side off Burningtree Place. Ideal for:
- Beginner Walkers
- Beginner Walk to Run
Parking is available at these locations after 5 p.m. (parking maps).
- East Campus: In the Duke Human Resources (705 Broad St.) parking lot or along Broad Street
- West Campus: In the Green Zone Al Buehler Jogging Trail Lot off 751/Cameron Blvd
- Duke Raleigh Hospital: Employee Parking Lot
In case of inclement weather, e-mail will be sent to notify Run/Walk Club participants of meeting cancellations. Register to receive these updates.
For more information on the Duke Run/Walk Club, please contact LIVE FOR LIFE at (919) 684-3136, option 1.