Round 3: Submit Results Now
Monday, February 3 - Sunday, February 16
Deadline for submitting results: Monday, February 24.
An awesome way to incorporate activity and time outdoors into your work life is through walking meetings. A walking meeting is exactly what the name implies: a meeting that takes place over a walk instead of in an office, coffee shop, or stuffy conference room.
According to the Harvard Business Review, walking meetings lead to better creative thinking, more honest exchanges between employees, and increased productivity. Walking increases the release of certain relaxing chemicals in the brain which help us focus on the task at hand and resolve conflicts as they arise.
Tips for conducting a successful walking meeting:
- Add a point of interest to the walk as a destination (interesting building, statue, park, etc.).
- Be conscious of why you are seeking out the meeting. Is it for overall wellness and productivity or just for the calorie burn?
- Plan ahead with colleagues and clients for the meeting.
- Stick to small groups to better facilitate conversation.
- Remember to be inclusive and consider any vision, hearing, or mobility issues which some of your coworkers may have.
Want to walk but not sure where to go? Let Park Rx America help! Park Rx America is a non-profit organization whose mission is “to decrease the burden of chronic disease, increase health and happiness, and foster environmental stewardship” by encouraging healthcare providers to incorporate nature time into their care delivery. Their website has great information on the physical benefits of spending time outdoors, which you can get by visiting any of these trails around Duke!