Take the Week 5 Quiz here.
Round 3: Submit Results Now
Monday, February 6 - Sunday, February 19
Deadline for submitting results: Monday, February 27.
Round 2: Submit Results Now
Monday, January 23 - Sunday, February 5
Deadline for submitting results: Monday, February 13.
Taking the stairs is a great way to increase your activity level while saving electricity along the way. It also helps you earn LIVE FOR LIFE dollars! Find out how on the Take the Stairs website.
Taking the stairs comes with many benefits:
- No special equipment is needed
- Stair climbing can be accumulated across the course of the day, making a significant contribution to the recommended 30 minutes of daily physical activity
- There is a significantly lower risk of mortality when climbing more than 55 flights per week
- Stair climbing requires about 8 - 11kcal of energy per minute, which is high compared to other moderate level physical activities.
- Active stair climbers are more fit and have a higher aerobic capacity
- Even two flights of stairs climbed per day can lead to 6 lbs of weight loss over one year
- There is a strong association between stair climbing and bone density in post-menopausal women
- Climbing stairs can improve the amount of "good cholesterol" in the blood
- Stair climbing increases leg power and may be an important priority in reducing the risk of injury from falls in the elderly
- Stair climbing can help you achieve and maintain a healthy body weight
- Stair climbing can help you build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints.