Increase your flexibility, improve your cardiovascular health, or increase your strength with the Take Ten "Energize Your Work Day" Program. This self-paced incentive program encourages Duke faculty and staff to participate in physical activity twice a day for 10 minutes at a time. Participants may earn up to $260 LIVE FOR LIFE dollars.
Online registration is required, and three activity options are available. Participants must choose among the Take Ten Stretch, Walk or Strength options. Various guides and resources are available online for each activity.
Keep track of how often you Take Ten by completing the provided log sheets. When a log sheet is complete, record your progress online to receive LIVE FOR LIFE dollars, which may be used to purchase items from the LIVE FOR LIFE store. The programs are divided into five separate levels of achievement, which include an increasing number of Take Ten sessions.
How to Participate
- Choose a Take Ten activity option and print off the activity guide (guide not applicable for Take Ten Walk).
- Register online.
- Print off your Take Ten log sheets to keep track of your daily sessions.
Submit completed levels online and earn incentives
- Using the provided log sheets, record the number of sessions (maximum of two per day) that you complete. Activity guides include various exercises, constituting one session. All the exercises must be completed for each session. Take Ten Walk does not include an activity guide, instead, simply spend 10 minutes walking.
- There are five Take Ten levels of achievement. After you complete all sessions in a level, submit your progress online. For each submitted level you will earn LIVE FOR LIFE dollars, which will be sent out via campus mail.
- Each level starts over with zero sessions. The levels do not build upon each other, but begin anew.
- Once you have fully completed all five levels of your chosen Take Ten activity, you may re-register for Take Ten "Energize Your Work Day" again and select another activity option.
After completing each Take Ten level, submit your progress online to receive LIVE FOR LIFE dollars, which will be sent via campus mail. LIVE FOR LIFE dollars may be used to purchase items from the LIVE FOR LIFE store. Remember that levels do not build upon each other, but each begins anew. The number of sessions required for each level is different.
- Level One: Complete 10 Take Ten sessions = $10 LFL dollars
- Level Two: Complete 30 Take Ten sessions = $30 LFL dollars
- Level Three: Complete 50 Take Ten sessions = $50 LFL dollars
- Level Four: Complete 70 Take Ten sessions = $70 LFL dollars
- Level Five: Complete 100 Take Ten sessions = $100 LFL dollars
Why Take Ten?
Studies have shown that brief periods of physical activity during the work day help reduce stress and tension. The simple exercises involved with Take Ten "Energize Your Work Day" will awaken your senses and refresh your mind, helping to increase productivity for the remainder of the day.
More specific benefits are listed for each activity option.
Take Ten is also a great way to get to know your co-workers better, since all activity options can be done not only individually, but in groups.
Sponsored by LIVE FOR LIFE