Hiring the best people and managing them well is a key competency of effective managers/supervisors. Discover how to evaluate candidates legally and fairly, and learn the essentials of the recruiting process from planning to on-boarding, ensuring your department’s success. First, we will review Duke’s harassment and non-discrimination policies and then discuss the context for each. We will also discuss useful strategies for responding to harassment concerns. Second, we will explore the five phases of the recruitment and hiring process:
- Phase I: The preparation step
- Phase II: Starting recruiting activities
- Phase III: Assessing the candidates
- Phase IV: Evaluation and assessments
- Phase V: Completing the hire and onboarding
Sessions are typically held several times during the year. Visit the Learning Management System (LMS) and search the catalog for “Employment Best Practices” to view and register for upcoming sessions.