In response to Duke's COVID-19 management plan, Duke Learning & Organization Development will be offering the following virtual courses online through WebEx. View and download the Fall 2020 Virtual Schedule here. (Technology Schedule here).
Professional Development Excellence Certificate Opportunities
Certificate of Excellence opportunities are open to all Duke Employees and are available in several disciplines based on specific areas of professional responsibility. Certificate tracks include both core and elective courses. There are no certificate completion target date requirements, however, L&OD encourages you to take at least two courses per year until the certificate is complete.
- Chosen courses must be instructor-led with a duration of at least one day.
- The participant’s manager/supervisor should be involved in the identification and selection of at least one of the elective courses.
- Core and elective courses can only be applied to one certificate.
- If a core course is used as an elective, you will not be able to earn the certificate where that core class is a requirement.
Need help getting started?
Choosing to pursue one of L&OD’s certificate programs demonstrates to your leaders and your colleagues an ongoing interest in, and commitment to, continuous learning and professional growth. When considering which certificate program may be right for you, we encourage you to:
- Discuss the options and your career development interests with your manager or supervisor.
- Fill out the Notice of Intent at (https://lms.duhs.duke.edu/Saba/Web/Cloud). Please be advised that this informs L&OD of your intention to pursue one of our certificate programs and does not constitute as a binding agreement.
- Chart your progress towards a Certificate of Excellence!
Portable Certificates Nationally Recognized
Certified Executive Administrative Program (CEAP Designation)
HR Certificate Program Strategic Partners in Business
CEAP Network and Professional Development Trainers' Network (PDTN)
- CEAP Network and PDTN (PDF)
5 L&OD Certificate Offerings
- Customer Service Certificate of Excellence (PDF)
- Leadership Certificate of Excellence (PDF)
- Supervisory Certificate of Excellence (PDF)
- Training Certificate of Excellence (PDF)
- Technology Certificate of Excellence (PDF)
Depending on your role and career aspirations, L&OD has a variety of learning opportunities to help you continue to learn.