Register for Course Offerings
These workshops help Duke employees build valuable work skills and improve individual performance. You can register for classes through the Duke Learning Management System (LMS). Either use the date-links below; or open the LMS homepage and click on the "Category" link, then select "Career and Work Specific Skills."
The following offerings require a fee. To provide payment details, please go to http://www.hr.duke.edu/training/chargeback. You will be prompted to provide L&OD with a cost object number (7 digits for Campus and 9 digits for Health System). You may also pay with a personal check, but payment must be received at least 5 days before the scheduled class date.
If you can no longer attend the class, it must be dropped in the LMS at least four business days before the course. Drops after that time must contact L&OD directly to receive credit towards a future offering of the exact course, or forfeit the payment. Remember to also account for any official Duke Holidays, and be careful with transitions from one month to the next when figuring out your last drop day.
Available Classes & Workshops
- Certified Executive Administrative Professionals (CEAP)
- Communicating with Diplomacy and Tact 1 – IACET CEU
- Communicating with Diplomacy and Tact 2 – IACET CEU
- Conflict Resolution – IACET CEU
- Critical Thinking Skills: Strategies for Improving Critical Thinking in the Workplace – IACET CEU
- Crucial Accountability – IACET CEU
- Crucial Conversations – IACET CEU
- Customer Service Excellence: Winning Clients and Influencing People – IACET CEU
- Designing e-Learning Modules – IACET CEU
- Essential Presentation Skills – IACET CEU
- Fundamentals of Business Writing – IACET CEU
- Navigating Challenging Personalities: Detect & Defuse Difficult Interactions – IACET CEU
- Notary Public
- Personality & Effective Communication – IACET CEU
- Project Management 1 Fundamentals – IACET CEU
- Project Management 2 Applied Essentials – IACET CEU
- Resilience: Building Skills to Endure Hardship and Prevent Burnout – IACET CEU
- Storytelling: Advanced Presentation Skills – IACET CEU
- Train the Trainer (T1): The Basics of Training – IACET CEU
- Train the Trainer (T2): Designing Training – IACET CEU
- Train the Trainer (T3): Instructor-Led Training & Platform Skills – IACET CEU
For additional workshops covering immigration and visas (Duke Visa Services), environmental sustainability (Sustainable Duke), and online medical searches and more (Medical Center Library), please visit the Other Classes & Workshops webpage.
Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing reasonable accommodation, or who have questions about physical access, please contact L&OD for assistance prior to your workshop:
919-613-7613 or 919-613-7600
Professional Development Academy
The Professional Development Academy is a center dedicated to providing tailored development programs to foster career growth for targeted employee groups and to support Duke's staffing needs.