Register for Course Offerings
These workshops provide Duke managers and leaders with critical skills for effectively managing the recruitment, performance, development, and retention of Duke employees. You can register for classes through the Duke Learning Management System (LMS). Either use the date-links below; or open the LMS homepage and click on the "Category" link, then select "Supervision and Management Skills." If any date below is not “hot” or a link to the course, please call that HR Department to register.
The following offerings require a fee. To provide payment details, please go to http://www.hr.duke.edu/training/chargeback. You will be prompted to provide L&OD with a cost object number (7 digits for Campus and 9 digits for Health System). You may also pay with a personal check, but payment must be received at least 5 days before the scheduled class date.
If you can no longer attend the class, it must be dropped in the LMS at least four business days before the course. Drops after that time must contact L&OD directly to receive credit towards a future offering of the exact course, or forfeit the payment. Remember to also account for any official Duke Holidays, and be careful with transitions from one month to the next when figuring out your last drop day.
Available Classes & Workshops
- ADA Building Blocks
- The Art of Delegation – IACET CEU
- Dimensions of Management for Successful Leaders - IACET CEU
- Emotional Intelligence: The Emotionally Effective Leader – IACET CEU
- Feed Forward: Giving & Receiving Critical Performance Information – IACET CEU
- Fundamentals of Coaching – IACET CEU
- High Performing Teams – IACET CEU
- Keys to Supervisory Success – IACET CEU
- Leader as Coach – IACET CEU
- Managing from the Middle – IACET CEU
- Managing Meetings Effectively – IACET CEU
- Managing Multiple Priorities – IACET CEU
- Moving from Peer to Supervisor – IACET CEU
- SAP Performance Management Best Practices (for DUHS only) – IACET CEU
- Situational Leadership II – IACET CEU
- Transformational Leadership – IACET CEU
Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing reasonable accommodation, or who have questions about physical access, please contact L&OD for assistance prior to your workshop:
919-613-7613 or 919-613-7600
First Time Supervisor Program
The First Time Supervisor Program provided by Duke's Professional Development Academy will focus on developing high-potential Duke staff who aspire to become supervisors or who will be moving into new supervisory roles. More...
Guide to Managing at Duke
Guide to Managing at Duke is a three-day program that prepares and equips University and DUHS managers to meet changing strategic, operational, and work culture objectives through effective managerial practices. More...
Duke Leadership Academy
The Duke Leadership Academy offers emerging leaders from across the university the opportunity to participate in a unique 12-month development initiative based on the Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) leadership model. The curriculum includes a focus on leadership and management styles and behaviors to implement strategy. More...