Register for Course Offerings
In response to Duke's COVID-19 management plan, Duke Learning & Organization Development will continue offering the following virtual courses online through WebEx.
Spring and Fall 2021 Courses are here! View and download the Spring and Fall 2021 Professional Development Schedule here.
The following offerings require a fee. To provide payment details, please go to http://www.hr.duke.edu/training/chargeback. You will be prompted to provide L&OD with a cost object number (7 digits for Campus and 9 digits for Health System). You may also pay with a personal check, but payment must be received at least 5 days before the scheduled class date.
If you can no longer attend the class, it must be dropped in the LMS at least four business days before the course. Drops after that time must contact L&OD directly to receive credit towards a future offering of the exact course, or forfeit the payment. Remember to also account for any official Duke Holidays, and be careful with transitions from one month to the next when figuring out your last drop day.
Virtual Classes & Workshops
- Dimensions of Mangement (2 days)
- April 7 & 8, 2021 (8am – 2pm, each day)
- Emotional Intelligence (2 days)
- March 22 & 23, 2021 (8:30am – Noon, each day)
- September 1 & 2, 2021 (8:30am – Noon, each day)
- Keys to Supervisory Success
- February 19, 2021 (9am – Noon)
- May 11, 2021 (1pm – 4pm)
- August 9, 2021 (9am – Noon)
- November 2, 2021 (9am – Noon)
- Leader as Coach (2 days)
- June 2 & 3, 2021 (9am – Noon, each day)
- December 1 & 2, 2021 (9am – Noon, each day)
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- March 9, 2021 (9am – Noon)
- May 18, 2021 (1pm – 4pm)
- September 29, 2021 (9am – Noon)
- December 16, 2021 (9am – Noon)
- Project Management
- January 26, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- March 24, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Situational Leadership II (2 days)
- February 9 & 10, 2021 (8:30am – 12:30pm, each day)
- September 22 & 23, 2021 (8:30am – 12:30pm, each day)
Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing reasonable accommodation, or who have questions about physical access, please contact L&OD for assistance prior to your workshop:
919-613-7613 or 919-613-7600
First Time Supervisor Program
The First Time Supervisor Program provided by Duke's Professional Development Academy will focus on developing high-potential Duke staff who aspire to become supervisors or who will be moving into new supervisory roles. More...
Guide to Managing at Duke
Guide to Managing at Duke is a three-day program that prepares and equips University and DUHS managers to meet changing strategic, operational, and work culture objectives through effective managerial practices. More...
Duke Leadership Academy
The Duke Leadership Academy offers emerging leaders from across the university the opportunity to participate in a unique 12-month development initiative based on the Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) leadership model. The curriculum includes a focus on leadership and management styles and behaviors to implement strategy. More...