Register for Course Offerings
Get the 2022 Professional Development and Technology Development Schedule here.
To serve the Duke community, we are pleased to continue offering and expanding our virtual professional, management, and leadership development opportunities. Learning & Organization Development uses the Cisco WebEx platform for virtual delivery of all instructor-led classes; to download the WebEx Meetings Client Application, click here. To ensure an optimal online learning experience, please ensure that you have access to the following:
- PC or Laptop (Cellphones and tablets provide only limited access to the interactive feedback tools used in our classes and are inadequate.)
- WebEx Meetings Client (download here)
If you are unable to access the hardware/software listed above from work or your remote location, please send us a message to reserve a seat in our computer lab located at 406 Oregon St. Durham, NC. Send all questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following offerings require a fee. To provide payment details, please go to http://www.hr.duke.edu/training/chargeback. You will be prompted to provide L&OD with a cost object number (7 digits for Campus and 9 digits for Health System). You may also pay with a personal check, but payment must be received at least 5 days before the scheduled class date.
If you can no longer attend the class, it must be dropped in the LMS at least four business days before the course. Drops after that time must contact L&OD directly to receive credit towards a future offering of the exact course, or forfeit the payment. Remember to also account for any official Duke Holidays, and be careful with transitions from one month to the next when figuring out your last drop day.
Virtual Classes & Workshops
- Emotional Intelligence (2 days)
- August 31st & September 1st, 2022 (8am – Noon, each day)
- Feedback Fundamentals NEW
- September 9, 2022
- Fundamentals of Coaching
- August 17, 2022 (9am – Noon)
- Keys to Supervisory Success
- August 9, 2022 (9am – Noon)
- November 3, 2022 (9am – Noon)
- Leader as Coach (2 days)
- December 1 & 2, 2022 (9am – Noon, each day)
- Leading through Generational Differences in the Post-COVID Workplace
- Managing from the Middle
- September 8, 2022 (9am – Noon)
- Moving from Peer to Supervisor
- October 13, 2022 (9am – Noon)
- Sit Lead II® (2 days)
- September 21st & 22nd, 2022 (8:30am – 12:30pm, each day)
- Transformational Leadership
- December 13, 2022 (9am – Noon)
Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing reasonable accommodation, or who have questions about physical access, please contact L&OD for assistance prior to your workshop:
919-613-7613 or 919-613-7600
Guide to Managing at Duke
Guide to Managing at Duke is a three-day program that prepares and equips University and DUHS managers to meet changing strategic, operational, and work culture objectives through effective managerial practices. More...
Duke Leadership Academy
The Duke Leadership Academy offers emerging leaders from across the university the opportunity to participate in a unique 12-month development initiative based on the Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) leadership model. The curriculum includes a focus on leadership and management styles and behaviors to implement strategy. More...