Register for Course Offerings
New Staff Orientation
Payroll clerks or managers can register employees online for the orientation welcome event. All employees are required to attend orientation. Employees must enroll in health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and reimbursement accounts within 30 days of gaining eligibility.
In response to Duke's COVID-19 management plan, Duke Learning & Organization Development will be offering the following virtual courses online through WebEx. View and download the Fall 2020 Virtual Schedule here. (Technology Schedule here).
L&OD Virtual Courses
- Access 2016 Level 1 Introduction (Four 2 1/4 hour sessions, over two days)
- Access 2016 Level 2 Intermediate (Four 2 1/4 hour sessions, over two days)
- Communicating with Diplomacy & Tact I
- Communicating with Diplomacy & Tact II
- Conflict Resolution
- Crucial Conversations
- October 14 - 16, 2020 (8:30 a.m. – Noon)
- Emotional Intelligence
- September 2 - 3, 2020
- Excel 2016 Level 1 Introduction (Four 2 1/4 hour sessions, over two days)
- Excel 2016 Level 2 Intermediate (Four 2 1/4 hour sessions, over two days)
- Excel 2016 Level 1 - Formulas & Functions Basics (2 1/4 hour sessions)
- Excel 2016 Level 2 - Formulas & Functions Intermediate (2 1/4 hour sessions)
- Excel 2016 Level 2 - Pivot Tables (2 1/4 hour sessions)
- Fundamentals of Coaching
- Keys to Supervisory Success
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- September 29, 2020 (** AT CAPACITY **)
- December 3, 2020
- Moving from Peer to Supervisor
- Navigating Challenging Personalities
- Online Facilitation Skills (You will be registered to either Session 1 or Session 2)
- PowerPoint 2016 Level 1 (Four 2 1/4 hour sessions, over two days)
- September 15 & 22, 2020
- Project Management (I & II) - Hybrid
- Situational Leadership II
- Train the Trainer (T1): The Basics of Training
Payment information is required for classes that have a fee. Many departments can provide time off and/or funds to cover the cost of job-related training. Please check with your supervisor.
You will be prompted to provide a department fund code (7 digits for university; 9 digits for health system). If registering within WebEx, you will be prompted for your payment details upon registration. If registering within the LMS, you will be prompted for your payment details in the registration confirmation email that follows. You can also use the following link to enter your department fund code: www.hr.duke.edu/training/chargeback.
If you prefer to pay for the class yourself rather than charge it to a Duke cost center code, you must pay with a check or money order for the exact amount, made payable to “Duke Learning & Organization Development”. We cannot accept cash or credit/debit cards. Please mail your payment to Learning & Organization Development, 402 Oregon Street, Suite 101, Durham, NC 27708 so that it is received no later than 5 business days before the class date.
Our webinars in May 2020 were in high demand, and we are glad to provide recordings of these offerings at no cost. Please note that the live-streamed webinars were interactive and included participant break-out sessions, polling, and chat room questions. The recordings do not have these enhancements. You can register for these sessions in the LMS and play them at your convenience:
Please contact us at HR-LOD-Registration@duke.edu or 919-613-7613 (leave a message) with any questions. Thank you.