HR’s Learning and Organization Development (L&OD) focuses on developing, improving, and sustaining organizations and teams. Our experienced practitioners are dedicated to assessing, researching, designing, delivering, and evaluating team and organization engagements in the areas of strategic planning and implementation, organizational assessments, change management, competency development, team development, performance improvement, and retreat design and facilitation around organizational priorities.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Gain a deep appreciation for the components of strategic planning and implementation in order to achieve strategic results.
- Focus on leaders’ knowledge, skills, and behaviors in achieving results through understanding and applying key components: external environment, strategic intent, innovation, business model, processes, organization design, workforce talent, and culture.
- Understand and apply tools such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and assessments to identify and address key issues and opportunities for improving your organization’s team or department.
- Collaborate with teams and organizations to design, develop, and deliver a change management and leadership plan to respond to external or internal changes impacting the team or organization.
- Partner with managers to identify required core competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviors) for individuals to achieve business and organizational goals.
- Partner with customer to design, develop, and sustain high-performing teams to achieve business and organizational results.
- Deploy appropriate assessment tools with a focus on purpose, structure, tasks, norms, and competencies that align with strategic direction of the organization.
Performance Improvement Consulting
- Partner with managers and teams to identify and close performance gaps to achieve expected business and organizational results.
Retreat Design and Facilitation Around Organizational Priorities
- Partner with managers and teams in focusing their efforts to optimize expected objectives and results through designing, facilitating and evaluating expected outcomes for the retreat.
The initial consultation is provided at no cost to you. If after our consultation you decide to engage our services, our fee is $150 per hour. Although we are a fee-for-service operation, as an internal department serving the greater Duke community, our fees are priced well below market value as compared to external providers offering similar services. In addition, you will benefit from working with professionals who are not only well-versed in the field of Organizational Development and Effectiveness, but also familiar with the operation of higher education and health systems.
L&OD has worked with more than 100 departments and administrative units from across Duke University and Duke University Health System. All services are customized to meet the specific needs of your organization. The first step in engaging our services is to meet with a member of our team to discuss your situation and goals. If you are not sure what you need, that's okay - that's why we're here! We will discuss the challenges or opportunities you have identified and recommend a plan to achieve your goals by utilizing our research-based resources and proven consulting services. Please contact:
Mekeisha P. Williams, MPA, Executive Director
Learning and Organization Development