Duke offers an array of programs and resources to support employees in learning new skills and advancing their careers at Duke.
Professional Development Course Offerings
Take classes or workshops in the areas of Computer Technology Skills, Career and Work Specific Skills, and Leadership and Management Skills. Learning & Organization Development can also arrange custom classes according to specific organizational needs. More ...
Special Development Programs
Duke offers longer-term programs designed specially for different audiences or career tracks such as the Foundational Skills Program offered through the Professional Development Academy or the Duke Leadership Academy. Other areas of Duke offer programs to support those with financial responsibilties such as the Financial Certification Program and the Research Administration Academy. More ...
Among Duke's education benefits include the popular tuition reimbursement program, which provides reimbursement of tuition for classes taken at Duke University or any other higher educational institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools with a physical presence in North Carolina. More ...
Development & Support Resources
- Professional Development Plans
- LinkedIn Learning (large library of free online courses covering business, technology, and creative topics)
- Duke Credit Union Financial Seminars (free financial workshops for Duke employees)
- Duke Continuing Studies (offers more than 200 non-credit courses and workshops ranging from the purely academic to the practical for both personal enrichment and career development)
- Learn IT @ Lunch Seminar Series (OIT-sponsored seminars focusing on how to use technology tools and resources available at Duke)
- OIT Online Training
- Financial Services Training Opportunities
- More ...