Are you a Duke employee who has experienced a qualifying life event and need to make changes to your Duke benefits? You can now make changes online through the Duke@Work self-service website. This tutorial will show you how. Make sure you watch the video in 1080pHD and in full-screen.
If you are experiencing a qualifying life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth, or adoption, please complete an online request through the Duke@Work self-service website to enroll or make changes to the health, dental, and/or vision plan. The request and required supporting documentation must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the event.
For more information, please view one of the step-by-step guides provided below or contact the HRIC at (919) 684-5600.
- You got married and you want to add your spouse and/or new dependents to your health plans
- You got married and you are gaining coverage through your spouse's plan
- You had a baby or adopted a child or placement for adoption
- You got divorced and you and eligible dependents lost coverage
- You got divorced and you want to remove dependents from your coverage
- You or a covered dependent GAINED group insurance coverage (coverage must not be a student, individual policy or obtained through the health exchange)
- You or a covered dependent LOST group insurance coverage (coverage must not be a student or an individual policy)
- Death of spouse and you are losing your coverage
- Death of a covered dependent and you need to remove dependent from your coverage
- You've had a change in health insurance eligibility due to relocation of residence outside of current network area
- You need to change a Reimbursement Account due to a QLE not in this list of selections