Staff Orientation Sign-Up (Campus)
University New Hire Orientation (for CAMPUS Only) registration has moved to the Learning Management System (LMS) and all registrations must occur in the LMS. This step will require new hires to have an active Duke NetID. All new staff members are required to attend University New Hire Orientation.
How do you register a new employee for Orientation:
- If you or someone on your team registers new employees for University New Hire Orientation, even if it's once a year, please request Registrar's Access by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Registrar access for University New Hire Orientation (campus Only)" to get registrar credentials.
- After you have registrar credentials, access step-by-step instructions for enrolling new hires in the LMS for University New Hire Orientation.
- Send your new hire this information about benefits, which is vital to their onboarding. Benefits are NOT reviewed during Orientation. New hires have 30 days to enroll in benefit plans from their date of hire.
Duke Learning and Organization Development (L&OD)
Contact Marjorie Siegert for non-technical questions. Please share this information with all individuals who register employees for New Hire Orientation.
READ THIS PLEASE - New process August 2023
Managers should complete these two tasks:
- Use the form below to register staff for the orientation welcome event. All staff members are required to attend orientation.
- Send your new hire this information about benefits - this is vital to their onboarding. Benefits are NOT reviewed during Orientation. New hires are now automatically signed up for the Duke Benefits Overview training module in the LMS as soon as their hiring is processed in HR Systems. If your new hire provided you with a personal email, please email that address in addition to their Duke email. New hires have 30 days to enroll in benefit plans counting from their date of hire.
- Duke Learning & Organization Development
Department orientation is critical because it directly impacts a staff member's performance and contribution to the department and to Duke. Visit the Orientation web site for tips on successfully orienting new staff to your department.
Courses - Orientation, Manager Form, Managers - New Employee Orientation