- Cost: $285
- Duration: 8 hours
- CEU Credits: 0.8
This course explores five emotional intelligence competencies: self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal, decision making, self-expression and stress management. The class encourages managers to take a mindful approach to leading people using emotional intelligence, rather than automatically relying on mental models constructed unconsciously from past experience. Managers will leave the class with tools and strategies for improving self-awareness and interpersonal relationships.
Assessment: The course will use the Emotional Intelligence Quotient® (use the EQ-i 2.0®)assessment. The instructor will send participants a link to the assessment two weeks before the start of class. All participants must complete the assessment at least one week prior to the start of the course. The facilitator will send an email with instructions on how to access the EQ-i 2.0® assessment at least two weeks prior to the class start date. Any participant who misses the deadline will have to register for a future class.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of emotional intelligence in effective leadership
- Explore key areas of leadership in relation to emotional intelligence
- Understand the key elements of the EQ-I 2.0 Leadership Report
- Articulate strengths and areas with opportunity for growth
- Discuss the EQ-I 2.0 in relationship to areas of leadership potential
- Identify and understand how aspects of emotional intelligence lead to derailing behaviors
- Apply what they have learned in the session by developing a personal EQ-I 2.0 learning plan