- Cost: $700
- Duration: 3 full days (Wednesdays)
- CEU Credits: 1.8
***Please note: This is an in-person course; class will take place at 406 Oregon Street, Durham, NC Room 103, ***
Registration will secure a seat for all three sessions. If pursing the Training Certificate of Excellence, you will need to register for boot camp.
Have you ever been asked to cross-train a peer or to train a new employee on how to do the job? Don't know where to begin? This boot camp is intended for employees who know their subject-matter, but don't know how to train another adult! Most participants provide training to other employees or students as part of their job. L&OD is providing a research-based background in adult learning principles and well established best practices. These two topics combined with your knowledge and skills will provide the learner with a foundation for training adults. Participants will get guidance on course design and on creating training activities aligned with the training needs of the learner.
This class will occur on three consecutive Mondays, in-person. Participants will be given the opportunity to envision a training class, design it and then teach a section to their peers in the class. Participants will leave the course with a redesigned or completely new training plan.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply adult learning principles to common training situations.
- Construct content based on subject matter and learner needs.
- Define and follow the seven steps to "Train Anything!"
- Facilitate a variety of learning techniques throughout a training to maximize the transfer of knowledge and skills into the workplace.