Did You Know?
Duke strives to provide you with opportunities for continued professional development. Duke’s Learning and Organization Development offers workshops and programs designed to assist you in this.
Duke is committed to excellence in education, patient care, research, and service, and therefore is always evolving. Similarly, your role is likely to evolve as well. Continually learning and adapting will help you be successful and make you a valuable and highly-regarded employee. We encourage you to take advantage of all Duke offers not only when you begin your new job, but throughout your career.
Continue learning about Duke and the opportunities available to you here. Stay informed about ongoing changes via:
- Individual, team, and department meetings
- Websites (just a sampling):
- Duke Today
- Inside Duke Health (site can only be accessed from the Duke Health Network after signing in using your NetID and password)
- Human Resources
- News & Communications
- Duke Research
- Duke home page
- Duke Wiki
- Duke email lists
- Print publications (just a sampling):
- Social Media
- Take advantage of the many cultural and athletic events, lectures, and other opportunities provided by Duke.
- Duke Event Calendar
- Duke maps
- Visit the “About Duke” section of this site
- Other Resources
- Review the list of acronyms commonly used at Duke and even add new ones that you discover