Welcome to Duke University! We look forward to meeting you at New Staff Orientation.
New Staff Orientation is held every two weeks at the Doris Duke Center at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens from 8:30 a.m. to noon (registration begins at 8 a.m.). Please note that attendance is required.
Before New Staff Orientation
- Review the New Staff Orientation website.
- Benefits packets are distributed at the New Staff Orientation session. The Benefits team will review your options, and there will be time for questions and for signing up for benefits. You may turn in benefit enrollment forms at the Oriention session, or at 705 Broad Street - but please remember the 30-day deadline. We strongly recommend that you start reviewing your benefits options online before your Orientation session.
After New Staff Orientation
- Follow-up with your manager about your New Staff Orientation experience.
- Ask your manager about your department orientation, and let them know if you have any questions about the orientation process.
- Review the Staff Handbook with your manager and sign the agreement on page 48. You will receive the original signed agreement and a copy will be placed in your personnel file.
- Before you complete your first 30 days, please be sure to sign up for the necessary Duke benefits.
If you have any questions about the new staff orientation process, please contact Learning and Organization Development at 919-613-7613.