January 8, 2017
TO: Vice Presidents, Vice Provosts, Deans, Directors, Department Heads, and Managers
FROM: Kyle Cavanaugh, Vice President for Administration, Emergency Coordinator
RE: Severe Weather Policy Extended to 7 p.m. Monday
Because icy conditions on roads and walkways continue to pose hazardous conditions on and around campus, Duke officials have decided to extend the severe weather and emergency conditions policy for Duke University and Duke University Health System until 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 9.
Several events and operations have been adjusted based on conditions. The Winter Forum for undergraduate students has been canceled. Brodie Gym will be open Monday from noon to 4 p.m. Wilson Recreation Center will remain closed until Wednesday as part of planned winter renovations with limited access to authorized personnel.
Current plans are to open all Duke Primary Care continuity clinics and urgent care locations at 10 a.m. on Monday. There may be isolated exceptions based on local conditions. Due to winter weather, most Private Diagnostic Clinics (PDC) and Duke Hospital-based clinics will be closed Monday, except for the following clinics that will open normal hours unless otherwise noted:
- Duke Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery of Lumberton -
- Adult Bone Marrow Transplant
- Clinic 2A: Infusion/Sickle Cell Day Hospital/Apheresis
- Clinic 2H: Endoscopy/Bronchoscopy
- Outpatient Dialysis
- Duke Cancer Center Clinics, Radiation Oncology and Infusion Center
- MOHS Surgery at Patterson Place
- Clinic 2D: Preoperative Screening Clinic at Duke South
- Valvano Day Hospital
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Clinic
- Duke Orthopaedics- Page Road - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Duke Sports Science Institute - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- NC Orthopaedics Clinic - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Duke Regional Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology clinics will open at 10 a.m. Monday. Duke Raleigh Hospital-based clinics listed below plan to open at 10 a.m. Monday:
- Duke Cancer Center Raleigh
- Duke Womens Cancer Center Raleigh
- Duke Raleigh Cancer Center and Radiation Oncology Cary
- Duke Raleigh Wound Clinic
- Duke Raleigh Pain Clinic
- Duke Raleigh Outpatient Imaging and Labs
All staff in “Essential Service" positions should report to work or remain at work. Gates on parking garages will be open Monday for use by staff in “Essential Service” positions.
Ongoing updates about events and campus operations, including roads, parking lots, busing routes, dining facilities and Duke stores, will be posted on the DukeALERT website: http://emergency.duke.edu.