We're so delighted you have brought your skills and passions to our community, where our differences are our strength. You will play a critical part, as healthcare professionals in positions across disciplines and Duke Health facilities, in one unified commitment – advance health together for the Triangle community and beyond.
On your first day of work, you will participate in an orientation program called Day 1 at Duke Health. Held between the hours of 1-4 p.m., the interactive virtual experience is designed to immerse you in all things Duke Health – our mission, vision and values; history and key facts; benefits; and a host of other interesting information. You can access the orientation on your first day here. Please contact your leader if you need assistance with a device to access the experience.
Within the first two weeks of your time with us, plan to complete separate Duke Health Orientation modules via our Learning Management System, linked here. Completing the coursework will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Please prioritize the benefits module, as you must select your benefits within 30 days of employment.
Other Next Steps
- Your manager or HR Representative will reach out with information for your first day.
- Ask your leader or HR representative about any entity specific orientations or questions you may have following the Day 1 at Duke Health experience.
- Before you complete your first 30 days, please be sure to sign up for your Duke Health benefits. You have access to additional guidance on how to select your benefits using the Benefits Decision Guide.
We look forward to welcoming you to Duke Health. We're so glad you have chosen us and our mission.
- Learn more about Duke Health
- Duke Health Now
- Duke Campus Maps (directions to specific buildings)
- Employee Occupational Health and Wellness (including directions)
- Duke Recreation and Physical Education - During COVID, membership is digital-only and does not include access to the gyms. Sign up here for virtual fitness programs.
- Well-Being at Duke Health - Caring for others starts with caring for ourselves. Duke has many resources to help you put your well-being first.
- Personal Assistance Service (PAS) - Offering assessment, short-term counseling, and referrals to help resolve a range of personal, work, and family problems.
- Discover Durham - Get to know the City of Medicine.
- Working at Duke
- Paid Time Off: How it Works
- IT Help
- Duke Zoom Backgrounds
Your Welcome Packet
- Welcome Message from Senior Leaders
ACTION: Read why we're so happy to have you at this pivotal point in our history.
- Duke Staff Handbook
ACTION: Learn what Duke expects from and what you should expect from Duke.
- Benefits Decision Guide
ACTION: Review the options and enroll in a benefits package within 30 days of hire.
- Duke Parking & Transportation
ACTION: If you'll need onsite parking, select your lot and enroll here.
- Quick Links
ACTION: Print and keep at your desk as a reference to frequently needed info.
- Pay Schedules & Understanding Your Pay Statement