You must submit an electronic timecard for each department you work for during the pay period. An electronic timecard can only be submitted for the current pay period. You will be paid for the exact hours you work, excluding meal periods.
Record the hours you worked each day in the space provided. Time worked less than 60 full minutes should be converted to tenths of the hour (refer to chart below). A tenth conversion chart is also available at Duke@Work.
If you do not work on a given day, please leave the space blank. Please contact the DTS office for assistance if you have questions or concerns regarding your electronic timecard.
You are responsible for the submission of your electronic timecard. If you finish an assignment before the timecard due date, you may submit the electronic timecard early. Timecards that you submit are reviewed for accuracy. Falsification of hours worked is a criminal offense and grounds for prosecution, as well as termination from Duke.
Your supervisor or an authorized alternate will review and approve your electronic timecard each pay period through Duke@Work. If your work schedule is Monday through Friday, your timecard is due on Friday of the second week of the pay period unless otherwise noted on the Biweekly Schedule.
If you work on the weekend, your timecard is due on Monday following the end of the pay period.
|If You Work
|Tenth of Hour to be Reported
|0 Tenth of hour
|1 Tenth of hour
|2 Tenths of hour
|3 Tenths of hour
|4 Tenths of hour
|5 Tenths of hour
|6 Tenths of hour
|7 Tenths of hour
|8 Tenths of hour
|9 Tenths of hour
- Reminder: You must submit an electronic timecard for each department you work for during the pay period.
- Reminder: If your electronic timecard is not submitted by the specified deadlines, you will not receive a paycheck until the next pay date.
Please address any questions about electronic timecards to a DTS staff member; do not ask other Duke employees. Remember, electronic timecards are your responsibility; please submit them on time!
- Log in to Duke@Work using your NetID and password.
- Select "MyInfo" tab.
- Select "MyTime" tab.
- In "Status" column, click on "Enter Time" link.
- Enter time for days worked.
- Click on "Save" to save timecard so that additional hours can be added later in the pay period.
- At end of pay period, click box stating "I certify that this is an accurate record of my time for the period indicated."
- Click on "Submit" to send timecard to the designated approvers’ Duke@Work account for approval.
If corrections are needed, you will receive an email notification. Please make corrections and re-submit the timecard immediately for approval. DTS timecards will not be processed without approval. For questions regarding timecard corrections, please contact your immediate supervisor.
If you cannot submit your timecard, please contact the DTS office immediately at 919-681-3132.
For additional information, you may review the "Quick Step Guide" for DTS employees. The guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to access and submit your work time through the Duke@Work website.
- Reminder: If your work schedule is Monday through Friday, your timecard is due on Friday of the second week of the pay period unless otherwise noted on the Biweekly Schedule.
- Reminder: If you work on the weekend, your timecard is due on Monday following the end of the pay period.
- Reminder: If you cannot submit your timecard, please contact the Duke Temporary Service office immediately at 919-681-3132.
Payroll and Time Keeping (Aerotek/Actalent)
Aerotek/Actalent temporary employees submit their hours worked weekly through Aerotek/Actalent's Time & Expense system. Please see the Aerotek/Actalent Contractor Time & Expense Quick Guide for more information.