You will be paid for the exact hours you work, excluding lunch.
You must submit an electronic timecard for each department you work for during the pay period. An electronic timecard can only be submitted during the current pay period.
Record the hours you worked each day in the space provided. Time worked less than 60 full minutes should be converted to tenths of the hour (refer to Tenth Conversion Chart below).
|If You Work||Tenth of Hour to be Reported|
|1-2 Minutes||0 Tenth of hour|
|3-8 Minutes||1 Tenth of hour|
|9-14 Minutes||2 Tenths of hour|
|15-20 Minutes||3 Tenths of hour|
|21-26 Minutes||4 Tenths of hour|
|27-32 Minutes||5 Tenths of hour|
|33-38 Minutes||6 Tenths of hour|
|39-44 Minutes||7 Tenths of hour|
|45-50 Minutes||8 Tenths of hour|
|51-56 Minutes||9 Tenths of hour|
|57-60 Minutes||1 Hour|
Please be sure to add your hours correctly and carry tenths over to full hours when appropriate. Total the hours worked at the end of each week.
If you do not work on a given day, please leave the space blank (do not use dashes or zeros). Please contact the DTS office for assistance if you have questions or concerns regarding your electronic timecard.
You are responsible for submitting your electronic timecard. If you finish an assignment before the timecard due date, you may submit it early. Timecards that you submit are reviewed for accuracy. Falsification of hours worked is a criminal offense and grounds for prosecution, as well as termination from Duke.
Your hiring manager will review and approve your electronic timecard each pay period through Duke@Work.
Reminder: Please make sure you submit your timecard electronically at the end of the pay period or at the end of the assignment. Please make sure your timecard is submitted by the due date.
Reminder: If your electronic timecard is not submitted by the due date (refer to your biweekly schedule), you will not receive a paycheck until the next pay date.
Please address any questions about timecards to a DTS staff member; do not ask other Duke employees. Remember, electronic timecards are your responsibility; please submit them on time!
- Log into Duke@Work using your NetID and password.
- Select "MyInfo" tab.
- Select "MyTime" tab.
- In "Status" column, click on "Enter Time" link. Note: Link will be unavailable if the current pay period is locked. Lockdown occurs at 10 a.m. on Tuesday following the end of the pay period.
- Enter time for days worked.
- Click on "Save" to save timecard so additional hours can be added later in the pay period.
- At the end of pay period, click box indicating "I certify that this is an accurate record of my time for the period indicated."
- Click on "Submit" to send the timecard to the designated approver's Duke@Work account for approval.
If you cannot submit your timecard, please contact the Duke Temporary Service office immediately at 919-681-3132.
For additional information, you may review the "Quick Step Guide" for DTS employees. The guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to access and submit your work time through the Duke@Work website.
Payroll and Time Keeping (Aerotek)
Aerotek temporary employees submit their hours worked weekly through Aerotek's Time & Expense system. Please see the Aerotek Contractor Time & Expense Quick Guide for more information.
- Please submit your timecard at the end of each pay period.
- Lockdown for the pay period occurs at 10 a.m. on Tuesday following the end of the pay period.
- If you cannot submit your timecard, please contact the Duke Temporary Service office immediately at 919-681-3132.