Printer Friendly Version
Click here to download a printer friendly version of this handbook (PDF format).
Helpful Job Tips
- Report to your assignment on time.
- Introduce yourself to the person to whom you are reporting.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be courteous and cooperative.
- Dress neatly and wear your Duke ID badge at all times.
- Be sure instructions are clear; do not be afraid to ask questions.
- Be accurate — proof your work.
- Avoid making personal phone calls.
- Respect the confidentiality of each job assignment.
- Take every opportunity to learn a new skill.
- Call your DTS employment representative should any problems arise.
Welcome to Duke Temporary Service (DTS). We are delighted to have you working with us. As an employee of DTS, you will be providing temporary assistance to various departments within Duke University and Duke University Health System. Please remember at all times that the work you do on an assignment is always confidential and is not to be discussed with employees or any other individuals outside of Duke University and Duke University Health System.
Your DTS employment representative will assist you with any questions or problems which may arise during your employment. Job duties, length of assignment, location of assignment and pay rate will be discussed with you prior to starting an assignment.
Duke Temporary Service
705 Broad Street
Durham, NC 27705