ACE USA Accident & Health makes available Worldwide Assistance services on certain corporate accident insurance plans. These services are provided by Europ Assistance USA and are not insured benefits. Europ Assistance USA is under contract with ACE American Insurance Company to provide certain services in conjunction with insurance benefits. Services are made available based on the type of coverage elected by Duke and are not available if your coverage under the policy providing insurance benefits is not in effect. The following is a brief summary of services:
Employees will be able to reach the multilingual Worldwide Assistance coordination center toll-free, or by calling direct or collect by telephone, telex, and facsimile 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to confirm coverage and obtain access to available services.
Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Payments
Medical Expense Guarantee
Hospital Admission Deposit
Emergency Medical Transport
Dispatch of a Doctor or Specialist
Return of Dependent Children
Repatriation of Remains
Return of a Traveling Companion
Replacement of Medication and Eyeglasses
Emergency Travel Services
Emergency Message Relay
Emergency Travel Arrangements
Location of Lost Items
We will pay Eligible Expenses incurred - up to 100% of the Usual and Customary Charges - for the return of your remains to your home if your death is a direct result of a Covered Accident while you are traveling 100 miles away from your place of permanent residence.
"Eligible Expenses" means costs pre-approved by us and incurred for any of the following:
- coffin or urn
- transportation of the body or remains
- necessary travel expenses of an escort
Necessary travel expenses are limited to food, hotel room and economy class transportation charges.
Emergency Medical Evacuation
We will pay eligible expenses - up to 100% of the Usual and Customary Charges - subject to the following conditions, for emergency medical evacuation if:
- you suffer a Medical Emergency that occurs while traveling from your principal residence at least 100 miles from your home; and
- your attending Doctor certifies an emergency need to send you, under medical supervision, to a different medical facility.
Eligible expenses must be pre-approved by us and include:
- charges for ambulance services required while transporting you to the appropriate treatment facility
- charges for medical services required to send you to the appropriate treatment facility
- reimbursement of economy class transportation charges for your return from the treatment facility to your home.
"Medical Emergency" means a condition caused by an injury or sickness that manifests itself by symptoms of sufficient severity that a prudent lay person possessing an average knowledge of health and medicine would reasonably expect that failure to receive immediate medical attention would place the health of the person in serious jeopardy.
Worldwide Assistance can be reached at 1-800-243-6124 inside the U.S.A. Before you call, please have ready the following information:
- Name of caller, phone no., fax no., relationship to patient;
- Patient's name, age, sex and policy number;
- A description of the patient's condition;
- Name, location, and telephone number of hospital;
- Name and telephone numbers for the treating doctor; where and when the doctor can be reached;
- Health insurance information, worker's compensation, or automobile insurance information if the patient had an accident.
Duke reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this program at any time, for any reason.