To initiate a voluntary disability claim, call The Hartford at 888-277-4767 or log on to The Hartford website. The group number for Duke is 043211. For a voluntary long term disability claim, please file your claim within 60 days after your date of disability to allow for proper processing.
Step 1: Know when it's time to file a claim.
If you're absent from work, The Hartford can advise you on when to file a claim. If your absence is scheduled, such as an upcoming hospital stay, call The Hartford 30 days prior to your last day of work. If unscheduled, please call The Hartford as soon as possible.
Step 2: Have this information ready.
- Name, address and other key identification information
- Name of your department and last full day of active work
- Your manager's name and phone number.
- The nature of your claim or leave request
- Your treating physician's name, address, phone and fax numbers
Step 3: Make the call or file online.
With your information handy, call The Hartford at 1-888-277-4767. Or file online at The Hartford website. You'll be assisted by a caring professional who'll take your information, answer your questions and file your claim or process your leave request.