Note: This program is funded by Duke University Health System for its employees to support its critical staffing needs. University employees are not eligible for this program.
Benefit eligible DUHS team members have access to a network of high-quality childcare centers and in-home care providers to provide temporary care when there is a disruption in regular care arrangements.
DUHS team members can access up to 10 annual days of back-up care at subsidized rates. Complete your profile before care is needed! Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance. Center-based care is $15 per child/day or $25 per family/day. In home care for both children and adults is $6 per hour. One in-home caregiver can care for up to three care recipients. A day of in-home care is a minimum of 4 hours up to a maximum of 10 hours of care.
Rely on back-up care when:
- Your child’s school is closed for inclement weather, break, or holiday
- Your stay-at-home spouse has a doctor appointment and needs additional support
- Your regular daycare is closed and you need an in-home care provider
- Your child is mildly ill and you are working from home
- Mom or dad’s regular caregiver is unavailable or on vacation
- Your adult loved one is recovering from a scheduled surgery and needs help in their home anywhere in the U.S.
Start Making Your Life Easier.
Click the button below and select JOIN TODAY to complete your MyBright Horizons registration.
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Benefits Overview
Watch this video detailing the back-up care options available through Bright Horizons.
Join us during one of our upcoming webinars to learn more about back-up care. Click the “Register Now” link to access the live event or access the webinar on-demand after the event date. Please note: all dates, times, and topics are subject to change.
Quality Care for Your Family
When caregivers cancel, school goes on break, mom or dad need an extra hand, or you're in between care arrangements, do you have a plan for family care? Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ can help. Join any of the webinars below to learn about the support available to you each season.
- Tuesday, June 20, 12:00 m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, July 18, 12:00 m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, August 15, 12:00 m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, October 17, 12:00 m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, November 21, 12:00 m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, December 19, 12:00 m. ET | Register Now
Affordable & Fun Camps for Kids
Are you looking for fun-filled options for your child when they're off for a school break or holiday? You have access to in-person camps and online activities through Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™. Join our webinar to learn more about Steve & Kate's Camp and other care options available.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2:00 p.m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, August 8, 2:00 m. ET | Register Now
- Tuesday, November 14, 2:00 m. ET | Register Now
Back-up Care subsidization may be considered a taxable benefit based on IRS guidelines. DUHS has funded this program to cover tax liability for employees eligible to use this service.