- No change in the co-pay for a primary care physician or specialist office visit.
- Co-pay for inpatient hospitalization on Duke Select, Duke Options and Blue Care changes from $450 to $600 for Duke hospitals, from $550 to $700 for non-Duke hospitals, and $900 for out-ofnetwork hospitals.
- Co-pay for outpatient surgery on Duke Select, and Blue Care changes from $200 to $250.
- Annual deductible for Duke Options out-of-network moves from $500 individual to $650, and from $1,500 family to $1,950.
- Out-of-network co-insurance maximum for Duke Options changes from $3,000 individual to $4,000, and from $9,000 family to $12,000.
- The tobacco surcharge increases from $40 to $50 per month.
- The third-party administrator for Duke Basic and Duke Select members is now Aetna, following its acquisition of Coventry. New ID cards will be issued from Aetna and Express Scripts.
- Under Duke Options, coverage is changing to include Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children with autism where medically necessary and authorization is obtained. See www.hr.duke.edu for more information.
- Dollar maximum for transgender surgery will be removed from Duke Options.
- For a 34-day supply, co-pays for generic medications change to $15, brand to $50, and non-formulary to $70.
- For mail order or Duke pharmacy of up to 90 days supply, co-pays for generics are $25, brand $130, and non-formulary $180.
- Specialty medications can only be purchased through Duke pharmacy or Accredo. Immediate need or "STAT" medications though may still be purchased at a retail pharmacy.
- Dental Plan A monthly premiums will increase between $2.02 for individual coverage and $6.12 for family coverage.
- Monthly premiums for Dental PPO will increase between $ 0.77 for individual coverage and $2.33 for family coverage.
- No change in co-pays and deductibles.
- No change in premiums for Dental Plan B.
- No change in co-pays or premiums for the vision plan.
- Increase in frame allowance from $130 to $150 once every 24 months.