- Duke continues to offer four medical insurance options with modest premium increases.
- No change in the co-pays for services or pharmaceuticals.
- The years of service for coverage of bariatric surgery under Duke Select, Duke Options, and Blue Care will be reduced from five years to two years effective January 1, 2018.
- Breast pumps and visit a lactation consultants will be eligible for coverage under all active plans.
- In 2018 the maximum allowable visits for Physical Therapy (PT) and Occupational Therapy (OT) for all four plans will increase to 40 visits. Each PT and OT visit counts towards the 40 visit limit. Under Duke Options, each chiropractic visit also counts towards the 40 visit limit. Chiropractic care is otherwise unchanged for the Duke Select, Duke Basic and Blue Care plan.
- In addition to the current coverage provided under Blue Care, dependent child pregnancy care will also be provided under the Duke Options plan.
- No change in co-pays, premiums or deductibles for the dental plans.
- Maximum annual contribution for Health Care Reimbursement Account is $2,650.
- Maximum annual contribution for Dependent Care Reimbursement Account is $5,000.
- No change in co-pays, premiums or deductibles for the vision plan.