The Diversity Award recognizes a staff or faculty member who has demonstrated, through his or her positive interactions with others, a respect and value for differing backgrounds and points of view within the Duke University and Duke University Health System community.
- Permanent, full-time staff or faculty.
- Free from any disciplinary dctions for the last five years.
- Previous Diversity Award winners are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominations may be made by staff or faculty members at any level.
- Nomination packet is not acceptable without an authorized signature.
Nominees should exhibit the following:
- A demonstrated commitment to the spirit of diversity.
- Leadership which fosters positive interaction between persons of different cultural backgrounds.
- Consistently behaved in a manner which illustrates a commitment to the inclusion of persons within the institution who are members of traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Diversity Award winner(s) and their guests will be invited to a ceremony in the fall.
- Diversity Award winners(s) will be presented with a bound copy of the nomination, an engraved crystal bowl and a check for $750.
- All nominations should be completed via nomination form found on the Diversity Award website when nominations are accepted.
- Award recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by the Assistant Vice President for Work Environment in Human Resources.
- Nominations will be open from mid-August to late August. Exact dates and deadlines will posted on the Diversity Award website.
- All nominees, including the Diversity Award winners, will be notified by early October.